Visit the microsite here: http://thinkinginsidethebox-finecast.com/
We’ve partnered with Finecast to run a comprehensive, thought piece exploring TV and addressable advertising in a transforming media landscape. Thinking Inside the Box is an expansive study pairing implicit and explicit research methods to explore the perceptions of viewers and industry experts in a 360-degree view of TV in 2020.
The research objectives:
- Understand what is the new normal when it comes to TV, how do viewers define TV and what does the sector consider to be TV in a world where video is everywhere?
- Explore changing viewing behaviour, the role of broadcaster video-on-demand (BVOD) and the advertising opportunities emerging from this new world.
- Shine a light on TV as an advertising channel, exploring its role in a modern-day media mix and see TV adverts through the eyes of viewers.
- Test engagement between big and small screens and paint a picture of the roles of different screens in the lives of viewers and the environment each presents for advertisers.
- Gauge levels of openness to addressable TV advertising amongst viewers, explore the opportunities addressable presents the industry with as well as the challenges and barriers to investment.
- Prove addressable advertising is more engaging than non-addressable advertising.
What did we do?
Our solution has included exploratory viewer workshops, in-home ethnography, online survey and polling through our in-house panel, Panelbase, neuroscience in partnership with UCL (www.acnlabs.co.uk), depth interviews with industry experts and campaign testing.
The project is due to be published in the final quarter of 2021 and initial insights can be found here:
The infographic can also be downloaded here:
Phase 1 webinar
“We were really excited to embark on this ambitious project with DRG. This was a first of its kind study for Finecast and DRG gave us confidence every step of the way, from initial scoping of the methodologies employed, through to execution and timely delivery. Beyond this, the DRG team respond quickly to questions and always with enthusiasm at every stage of the project. We are thrilled with the results.”
Emily Hanson, Marketing Director, Finecast
Want to know more about how we can help you? Contact us here and a member of the team will be in touch!